Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Rain Dance (2009)

I need to know:
Are we right about the rain
That it can cleanse our pain
That it can bring out the sun
So tomorrow we accept as a new day?

I need to know
If we are right about the rain
Because if this is true
Then I want it to pour down on me
I wish it to pour down on you
I call it to pour down peace
To steady the world's feet
So we can walk toward love
With hope leading our way.

I want us to be right about the rain....

Listen,
Quiet your mind to hear
The rhythm of feet
Tapping, sliding, beating the skin
Of drums.

Listen,
Close your eyes to experience
The song of the child who
Yearns for her parents' strength
To shelter her from the dryness of the earth.

Listen,
Open your mind to
The swinging of arms in circles
To the drumming of the feet
To the song of the child
Calling forth the rain.

My friend, I see your pain
Even though I never view your face.
Lean back and push your chest to the sky
Let your arms spread open wide
For the rain will come.

I know I am right about the rain.

3 comments:

  1. like the way you've re-worked this. It flows so well. I need to rain to help cleanse me of my pain/past/regrets......and start me anew.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks. Well do the rain dance and maybe you will experience a new moment. "I know I am right about the rain."

    ReplyDelete
  3. this made me think of the Michael W Smith song Healing Rain - we do need it - let it fall, let it fall...

    ReplyDelete

I welcome any thoughts...