Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Catching a Poem

Words j um p
S c a t t e r
B u R s T
P a R a d e to the beat
Of feet,
Of the heart,
Of the blasts of synapses
Bringing thousands of messages
Pressuring
The brain
To produce.

With a mental net
I c h a s e
These hyperactive words
To settle them down
To gain
An order
Within the cacophony
Of thoughts
Ideas
Images
Dreams
Racing in between
Fingers
Pens
Key boards
Lips tasting
Rhythm's sweet and bitter
Movement
This way
That way
One-way
No way
Unable to dominate
These words as they
Wrap their meaning
Around my waist.

Stuck in a chair
Without any grace
To wiggle around
A mind
Confounded by
Wishes and wants,
Hope and love
For a poem
That says it all.

2 comments:

  1. lately i have been leaning toward detachment,
    there is a Eckhart thought it to be the highest virtue, the more i ponder the more i agree...
    your poem is very interesting, i think i know this feeling

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the way this flows and reminds me of many of the daily thoughts I go thru.

    ReplyDelete

I welcome any thoughts...